House gutted


IMPHAL, Dec 30 : At least three rooms of a dwelling house have been ravaged by fire along with the articles kept inside them at Keishamthong Hodam Leirak, Lairembi Maning at around 8 pm today.

According to information culled from the spot, the fire which ravaged the house originated from a room heater. The house belongs to one Nongmaithem Arun (45) s/o Lukhoi. A number of articles kept inside the three rooms including bed and clothes were gutted by the fire. The fire was brought under control before it engulfed the whole house by the joint effort of fire tenders and local people.


Monetary value of the goods destroyed could not be ascertained till the time of filing this report.