Fire ravages shop

IMPHAL, Aug 12: A fire broke out inside a room constructed above a shop at Paona International Market at around 2.30 pm today.
According to information from the spot, the fire broke out inside a room which was located above a shop selling plastic items and water pumpsets owned by one Chongtham Inaobi (58) of Singjamei Chongtham Leikai.
Sources mentioned that the room was newly constructed with plywood and the wood masons had finished work and left when the fire broke out.
The fire was brought under control by a team of Manipur Fire Services but the room has been reduced to ashes by the raging inferno.
Fortunately, nothing of value was kept at the room when it caught fire, the source informed.