Stage set for semi-finals of 1st Sub-Jr Boys Inter Club Tourney


By Our Sports Reporter
IMPHAL, Aug 14 : The semi-final line up of the 1st Sub Junior Boys Inter Club Football Tournament has been concluded today as F4C-C Aisan, S/H; RAFA, Bishnupur; TYDA, Bishnupur and KAFC emerged victorious against their rivals at Football Turf Ground, Khuman Lampak in the quarter final matches staged today.
The first quarter final match of the tournament saw F4C-C Aisan, S/H mauled Senapati FC 5-0 in a match that turned violent at towards the end and saw Paokholam of F4C-C Aisan and Thangkhanien of Senapati send off the field in the 76th minute by the referee following an ugly altercation between the duo.
F4C-C Aisan were dominant in all front and enjoyed most of the possession from the beginning weaving a series of incisive runs. Senapati FC managed to hold their fort for a while but could not deterred Haowanglen from finding the breakthrough in the 15th minute who also banged in another the very next minute to double the lead.
The onslaught continued and Haogouthang Haokip banged in the teams third in the 32nd minute before Abelson capitalised on a fine pass and taped in past the hapless Senapati FC keeper in the 34th minute to make it 4-0 at the break.
F4C-C Aisan carried on their momentum after the restart as well and Haowanglen netted his third and the last goal in the 43rd minute to seal the fate of the game.
ZV Yuchipem and Shirinmi Longvah of Senapati FC were also yellow carded respectively in the 2nd and the 35th minute of the match.
In the second quarter final match, RAFA, Bishnupur netted a goal each half to see off LAGSA, Chandel 2-0 and book the semi-final berth. N Dhanabir found the breakthrough in the 17th minute to hand RAFA a 1-0 lead in the first half while L Subash struck the finisher during the stoppage time (70+1').
TYDA on the other hand, sealed the semi-final berth with a 1-0 win against SAI-RFA, Imphal West thanks to Th Naresh strike during the additional time of the first half (35+1).
Meanwhile, Chimir Alpha scored twice to help KAFC rally back twice and edge out AMOFA-A, Bishnupur 3-2 in a keenly contested match and ensured their last 4 round berth.
AMOFA-A opened up the scoring account in the 9th minute with the help of L Sidhartha but KAFC did not slacken and gave a good reply and eventually drew level in the 18th minute with Chimir Cleverson making his effort count.
After trading few runs on both ends, AMOFA-A regained the lead when Md Abdul Kalam steered home the ball in the 35th minute.
KAFC were made to do the hard work as AMOFA-A stood like an impregnable wall after restoring their lead but KAFC's relentless effort paid dividend when Chinir Alpha pulled level once again in the 49th before landing the final blow in the 59th minute and overturned the lead.
AMOFA-A failed to claw back into the game with time slipping fast and eventually KAFC sealed the game 3-2.
TYDA will meet KAFC in the first semi-final match on August 16 at 1.30 pm while F4C-C Aisan SH will take on RAFA in the last semi-final latter at 3.30 pm.