World Heart Day 2019 : My Heart - Your Heart
Dr Kshetrimayum Kala Singh
“Cardiovascular Disease is Public Health enemy number one” “Each year 17.9 millions people die of cardiovascular disease in the developingworld”
This year the WORLD HEART DAY is observed on 29th September, 2019 all over the world. The theme for 2019 is “MY HEART-YOUR HEART”.
It indicates my heart to be a heart healthy with strong making hero of the body, similarly the heart of the other peoples also should be the same with me. So the heart of everybody should be strong enough for the survival of our life at least 100 years.
The World Heart Federation have found that heart disease and strokes are the world’s leading causes of death, killing 17.9 millions people every year - that is more than victims of cancer, HIV, AIDS and malaria.
Many Government and Non-Government organizations celebrate world heart day in different forms like.
· Health Checks.
· Sports events, including Walks, runs and fitness sessions.
· Public talks and Sciences forms.
· Stage shows and concerts.
India is faced with 3 important causes of heart disease
1. Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) which presently has disappeared in western countries but it stillrampant in among children here.
2. High blood pressure and
3. Ischaemic Heart Disease (Heart Attacks and Stroke). The last is assuming frightening proportions all over India.
In India, every year 2 millions of people die from heart disease. Also out of the 100 patients admitted in the Hospital there are 10-15 patients are suffering from heart disease.
So, it is high time for us to give message and awareness to the public for the prevention of Heart Disease particularly Rhematic Heart Disease , Hypertension and Ischaemic Heart Disease and Cardiomyopathy.
The following precautions betaken by us for the prevention ofHeart Disease.
1. Diet: A good diet, containing unsaturated fats, low sugar and high protein should be taken. With plenty of fruits.
2. Smoking : To be completely avoided. It is injurious to heart and lungs. Different types of cancers may arise in our body after smoking.
3. Hypertension : It is a silent killer. We should maintain our BP 120/80mmhg. Taking excess of salt, fatty diets, stress and strain to be avoided.
4. Dylipedemia :High level of Cholesterol and Triglyceride may cause Heart attackat the early of life. Excess of taking fresh meat, fish and saturated oils to be avoided.
5. Diabetes:High level of sugar in Blood will cause Heart attack, Retinophy, Nephropathy and Neuropathy. So, sugar to be avoided if the Blood sugar is high.
6. Alcohol: Excess use of alcohol will cause Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Cirrhosis. So, it should be avoided in our life.
7. Abdominal Obesity : The more obesity of the abdomen will cause Metabolic syndrome. So, control of diet containing for saturated fats to be done.
8. Stress &Strain : The more stress & Strain in our life, the more risk for Heart Disease. So, it should be controlled or avoided.
9. Sedentary life style: Precaution should be taken, Regular exercise and control of diet to be done.
“IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY AND NEVER TOO LATE
TO START TAKING CARE OF YOUR HEART”
LOVE YOUR HEART, HEART IS YOUR LIFE
The writer is president of Manipur Heart Care Society