-Press Information Bureau
Contd from previous issue
Achievements of Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)
· 9 Empowered Committee meetings were organized under the guidance of Joint Secretary (PP&M)
· 56 nos. of Integrated Cluster Action Plans (ICAPs) from 17 States and 2 UTs were presented before the EC and approved by the Ministry
· 113 DPRs from States/UTs have submitted to Ministry
· 1 Cluster have been submitted by 1 State and approved by the Ministry
· Rs. 197.91 crore has been released to States/UTs as 1st instalment of CGF
· Rs. 87.51.14 crore has been released to States as 2nd instalment of CGF
· Guidelines for Spatial Planning of Rurban Clusters have been finalized & a National Workshop was organized to brainstorm on this framework was organized on 24th February 2019.
· An Experience sharing National workshop was organized with elected members in New Delhi in June to showcase the works being done under the mission. The meeting was attended by more than 275 participants which includes over 80 elected representatives from the States and Union Territories
· Seven Cluster have initiated the process of draft spatial plan and have prepared a preliminary spatial plan. A workshop was conducted to review the Spatial plan prepared by five States and for finalization data design standards was held on 30th and 31st October 2019
· RurbanSoft MIS Portal was developed to digitalize the monitoring of the scheme. States/UTs are pursued to enter the data related to approved Clusters, ICAPs, Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) & Monthly Progress Reports (MPRs) online. As on 17th December 2019, 268 ICAPs, 283 Clusters and 82DPRs freezed in RurbanSoft
· PFMS integration with MIS portal for payment to vendors to simplify fund flow mechanism is being executed
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY), a pathbreaking initiative in rural development was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 11 October 2014 with the objective of creating ‘Adarsh Grams’ across the country. The scheme Guidelines for SAGY-I (2014-19) called upon the Hon’ble Members of Parliament to make one Gram Panchayat of their choice, a Model Village by 2016, and another two by 2019. From 2019, under SAGY-II (2014-19) each Member of Parliament during his/her tenure may develop five model villages (one per year) in his/her area till 2024. The Hon’ble MPs adopted 1733 Gram Panchayats under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana across the country as of 16 December 2019. These ‘Adarsh Grams’ serve as ‘nucleus of health, cleanliness, greenery and cordiality’ within the village community becoming schools of local development and governance, inspiring neighbouring Gram Panchayats.
Towards holistic development, the Gram Panchayats under the guidance of Hon’ble MPs, follow a structured process of environment creation, social mobilisation, resource mapping and participatory development planning. They prepare Village Development Plans (VDP) containing prioritised time-bound projects to achieve holistic progress of the village, through the convergence of resources. So far, total number of GPs identified by Hon’ble MPs is 1493 under SAGY-I and 240 under SAGY-II. VDPs have been prepared by 1330 Gram Panchayats containing 70,237 activities of which implementation of 43,615 (62%) activities have already been completed under SAGY-I.
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
National social assistance programme (NSAP) is targeted at any such person who has little or no regular means of subsistence from his/her own source of income or financial support from family members or other sources, to be identified by States/UTs. With the objective of providing basic level of financial support, NSAP covers a total of 2.84 crore beneficiaries. Funds amounting to Rs. 3633.30 Crore (40%) havealso been released to the States/UT’s. At present NSAP includes five sub-schemes as its components – IGNOAPS, IGNWPS, IGNDPS, NFBS, Annuparna.
Achievement under NSAP scheme in 2019
· As on 30.11.2019, An amount of Rs. 6000.00 Crore released to States/UTs for disbursement of benefit to all the eligible beneficiaries under schemes of NSAP.
· During the year 2019, 2.84 crore beneficiaries benefitted under the schemes of NSAP.
· Total 13 Crore Digital Transactions reported by the States/UTs under the NSAP schemes.
· Data of all beneficiaries of NSAP schemes has been digitized over NSAP portal.
· Biometric Aadhaar authentication and Annual Life Certificate (Jivan -Praman) system, e-pramaan has been started.
· Social Audit is a concept that has become popular and relevant in the context of good governance. It is an important tool to empower people and ensure their participation in implementation of a scheme. To conduct social audit, Guidelines and SoP are released.
· Pilot on Social Audit is successfully completed in 05 States and the same has been started in 10 States.