IMPHAL, Jun 28 : A house at Hatta Inta Khola was reduced to ashes at around 9.30 am today.
The Minuthong Hatta Social Welfare Union (MHSWU), in a statement said that the house belonged to one Md Atiqur Rahaman. The fire started due to a suspected electric short circuit and no one was hurt in the incident.
Properties estimated to be around Rs 25 lakh have been lost in the fire.
The union while expressing solidarity to the family members, urged authorities concerned to extend all possible help to the family.