Shop gutted

IMPHAL, Apr 4 : A fire suspected to be from an electrical short circuit destroyed one footwear shop (Shop no 62) at the temporary market of Khwairamband Keithel today, destroying properties worth around Rs 14 lakh.
The ill-fated shop belongs to one Md Sakil (28) S/o (L) Md Ibocha from Khomidok Masjid Maning and Thingbaijam Arunjit Singh (28), S/o Th Surjit of Moirangkampu Mayai Leikai.
Fortunately, the fire was prevented before spreading to the adjacent shops by the firefighters.
Speaking to media persons, Joint Director of  Manipur Fire Service,  Laishram Nabachandra Singh lauded the firefighter's team for the timely response.  
Saying that the majority of the fires in the State is due to a lack of awareness on fire safety, he added that the electrification of the gutted shop today is also not systematic.
He then appealed to all to take safety precautions when working with electricity to avoid such an accident.