House gutted

Our Correspondent
CHANDEL, Jul 17: An fire destroyed a house belonging to one Ln Medun (30) at Liwa Maring village at around 11 am today.
Even though the source of the fire could not be ascertained so far, it was said that properties worth around Rs 10 lakh were destroyed by the fire.
Ln Medun said that all his family members including himself and people of his neighbourhood were attending a Church service as it was Sunday when a child just around 5/6 years came to the Church and informed them about the fire.
Even as people gathered at the Church ran to Medun’s residence, they could not save the house.
As the house was built of wood and roofed with CGI sheets, the ravaging fire reduced the house and all household articles to cinders before the villagers could douse it.
Nonetheless, the villagers were able to bring the fire under control before it could spread to neighbouring houses/structures.
Although a team of Chandel Fire Service came, they could not reach the house as the house was built on top of a hill.
Apart from many household items, Rs 40,000 in cash were reduced to ashes by the inferno.