Fire ravages house

IMPHAL, Jan 24: A dwelling house was severely damaged in a fire at Keishampat Thokchom Leikai this afternoon.
The house belongs to one Shijagurumayum Mema (60) w/o late Sh Damudor of Keishampat Thokchom Leikai and it was leased out on rent.
One Samom Ibomcha (50) of Nambol Leimapokpam and his family have been living in the house since many years back.
It is suspected that the fire started from a leaky or unattended LPG cylinder.
Properties worth over Rs one lakh were destroyed by the fire even though a joint team of Manipur Fire Service and Imphal police station managed to control the fire before it could do more damage to the house.