KKL demands Biren’s resignation

IMPHAL, May 25: Asserting that Manipur has become a failed State and there is no governance at all, the Kangleipak Kanba Lup (KKL) has demanded resignation of Chief Minister N Biren.
Speaking to media persons at their Paona Keithel office today, KKL Chief Advisor Yambem Laba decried that the Government is still unable to contain the series of violence which broke out on May 3.
As there is no governance at all, N Biren must voluntarily step down from the post of Chief Minister, Laba said.
He went on to ask whether Nongthombam Biren should wait for the Centre to remove him from the Chief Minister’s seat or impose President’s Rule in the State.
He also questioned the silence of the remaining 50 MLAs to the demand of the 10 Kuki MLAs for a separate administration.
Pointing out that an official programme which would be attended by the Chief Minister was cancelled after a rowdy mob vandalised a gym and abused N Biren using expletives, the KKL Chief Advisor asked as to why the rally of May 3 was allowed.
It was rather unfortunate that N Biren gave no objection to the May 3 rally for fear of alienating/enraging Kuki voters of a particular Assembly segment, Yambem Laba said.
On the other hand, the KNA was first set up to create a Kuki State in Myanmar (Burma) but they started intruding into India from 1993, he said.  
So far, the Government has not provided any information on the number of militants, and arms and ammunition which are missing from the designated camps of SoO groups, he continued.  
Security Advisor Kuldiep Singh must answer this question, Laba said.
Security forces are unable to control even a couple of Kuki villages along Imphal-Jiribam highway when Imphal-Dimapur highway has been closed for several days for transportation of essential commodities, he said.
He then urged the Security Advisor to deploy RAF and one company of Army along Imphal-Jiribam highway.
He also asked all concerned to clarify whether it was Kuki militants or Kuki CSOs who set ablaze the MMTA office, Lamdan on May 23.
He further questioned the inaction of the CRPF troops stationed nearby when the MMTA office was set ablaze.